The City of Eugene Public Works Department is seeking a full-time, experienced IT professional to implement, upgrade, and support IT systems for the Maintenance and Parks & Open Spaces Divisions of Public Works.
The primary responsibility of the position will be to provide application development and maintenance for an existing maintenance management system (MMS). The MMS system is designed to provide information services to over 200 employees across multiple divisions of the City of Eugene’s Public Works Department. Work plan execution for this position is developed and managed by the Roosevelt I.T. Support team (RITS) project team.
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
The Application Systems Analyst serves as a member of a team providing a variety of professional and technical support services to City departments.
- Strong object oriented programming skill.
- Mobile development skills on IOS and Android platforms.
- Knowledge of databases, data conversion, network and security architecture, and application development.
- Ability to implement, modify, and support vendor supplied software solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all project stakeholders, including business/subject matter experts, technical (developers, network architects, database administrators, etc.), and management.
- Experience with GIS based applications and the ESRI platform.
Salary Range: Based on qualifications, this position may be filled at the Application Systems Analyst 2 or 3 level.
Application Systems Analyst 2: $55,619-$69,305 Annually
Application Systems Analyst 3: $60,798-$75,691 Annually
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday with additional or flexible hours as needed to meet business needs
Department / Division: Public Works Department / Maintenance and Parks & Open Space Divisions, Roosevelt I.T. Support Team (RITS).
Work Location: 1820 Roosevelt Blvd., Eugene, OR, 97402
Position is open until filled, however applications recieved by April 5, 2013 will be given priority consideration.
Must pass Police Background Check.
Examples of Duties Performed - Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and maintains software applications, designs program logic to meet specifications, writes programs in the .NET Framework using C#, tests and debugs coded programs to assure operational and data integrity as well as optimal performance.
- Works with the City’s vast GIS data to create GIS enabled applications and queries.
- Creates and modifies reports.
- Creates and/or modifies system documentation and works with end-user training.
- Assists users with selection, purchase, installation and implementation of hardware and software systems; researches market trends and compares vendor products; writes specifications for hardware and software; evaluates vendors and negotiates contracts; coordinates installation and helps manage the change control process.
- Performs data analysis, data conversion, system integration, and system administration.
- Participates on committees and task teams. May serve as project leader or be assigned project leadership duties
Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer and Information Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, business, or a closely related field, or a qualifying combination of skills and experience.
Applications Systems Analyst 2
Three years of progressively responsible experience in information technology, preferably in a Microsoft environment including software selection, implementation, upgrades and support, project management; leading teams of end-users and technical staff; solving business problems; technical troubleshooting.
Applications Systems Analyst 3
Five years of progressively responsible experience in information technology, preferably in a Microsoft environment including software selection, implementation, upgrades and support, project management; leading teams of end-users and technical staff; solving business problems; technical troubleshooting.
In addition to the salary listed above, upon eligibility, the City will contribute the employee contribution of 6% and the employer contribution to a retirement program administered by the Oregon Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). Additionally, for Non-Represented employees who defer a minimum of 1% of their base salary into either a Pre-tax or Roth 457(b) account with the City’s Deferred Compensation Plan, the City will contribute 2% of their base salary to their Pre-tax account as a Deferred Compensation Benefit.
Applicants are screened based upon their relevant knowledge, abilities, skills, experience, and training. The selection process varies according to the position and can include such things as screening of supplemental questionnaires, written or skill tests, ability or fitness tests, interviews, and assessment processes. In addition, background investigations and records checks may be required. Some positions also require applicants to have a psychological evaluation and/or physical examination and a drug test prior to employment. Applicants selected to continue in the process will be notified within two-three weeks after the posting deadline.
The City of Eugene complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any applicant with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act may request accommodation by contacting an employment coordinator at (541) 682-5061.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the City of Eugene will request all eligible candidates who accept employment with the City to provide documentation to prove they are eligible for employment in the United States.
The City of Eugene is committed to a work environment which values the cultural, educational, and life experiences of each employee. We believe that a diverse workforce enables us to deliver culturally competent service to all members of our community. As part of our commitment to diversity, the City continues to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, people with disabilities, and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.