Job Title: Application Technology Systems Senior Specialist
Job ID: 03805
Division : Information Services
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
There are multiple positions available.
Depending on qualifications, candidates can be considered at the lower level (Specialist).
The Application Technology Systems Senior Specialist collaborates with others in the division to provide and maintain applications that meet business needs. Analyzes high impact business requirements and problems using expert business and systems knowledge. Provides guidance and technical leadership to project resources and less experienced department members for a specific application(s). Collaborates with clients in identifying and pursuing opportunities for the cost-effective application of technology in support of their business strategies and vision as well as day-to-day operations. Recommends opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency.
- Application Support and Expertise (30%)
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots problems with supported applications and ensures problems are resolved to client satisfaction. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems.
- Provides vendor system support and maintains vendor relationship.
- Understands applications and integration points outside of core area and the impact of proposed changes on supported applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of service desk diagnostics and job aids.
- Ensure application is fully documented; provides input for any gaps in documentation.
- Uses comprehensive application knowledge to provide guidance and technical leadership to project resources or maintenance resources. Maintains an awareness of other projects and their possible effect on ongoing projects.
- Client Relationship Management (20%)
- Serves as primary contact for client questions regarding supported applications. Provides client with excellent customer service, knowledge and advice when responding to needs or questions.
- Recommends strategies for future development, releases, and enhancements (technical implementations) to the client.
- Partners with the clients on business case preparation, project prioritization process, and technology road map.
- Maintains awareness of technology trends and vendor applications in the market.
- Collaborates with the clients to identify potential technical solutions to meet the business needs.
- Assists clients with release management process and impact to supported systems.
- Project Initiation and Planning (20%)
- Provides rough cost estimates to clients based on business requirements. Interprets business request into technical terminology. Interprets technical terminology and concepts for the business clients.
- Collaborates with Project Analyst to create requirements matrix, system use cases, test cases, and technical specifications. Identifies and quantifies risks.
- Keeps client informed of process and provides alternatives if resources are not available to complete development outlined in business requirements.
- Works with the I/S resource sourcing area to identify project resources and provide input for IRMA (Interim Resource Management Activities).
- Collaborates with architect and designer to determine architecture and design. Performs architect and designer activities as needed on limited scope projects.
- Assists project managers, architects and designers with project start-up. Acts as a project manager or project analyst as needed on limited scope projects.
- Determines metrics to be used to measure success of project.
- Project Execution and Closing (20%)
- Ensures final technical design and implementation plan is executed.
- Ensures workspace setup documentation exists and can easily be found.
- Provides business and technical expertise for development and testing resources. Shares system knowledge; may serve as a mentor. Performs development, design, or testing activities as needed on limited scope projects.
- Reviews test plans. Collaborates with testing team for system performance, capacity, support, and metrics.
- Collaborates with project teams on change requests, security, code review, integrations, usability testing, and implementation.
- Ensure proper plans are in place for smooth transition to maintenance team, future project teams, application technologists and the client. Ensures system documentation is complete.
- Adheres to audit standards, updates internal control documentation as needed.
- Application Portfolio Management (10%)
- Maintains a documented inventory of applications. Tracks application support costs.
- Leverages application inventory for future project scope definition and prioritization.
- Develops and maintains roadmap and transition strategies for the application lifecycle.
- Uses technical and business knowledge to influence decisions on architecture and design of applications within the enterprise framework.
- Presents information from the portfolio to the clients to use for business planning.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Relationship Building
- Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information to business clients.
- Demonstrated experience developing software using one or more programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience developing software using one or more programming language or using testing and quality assurance tools in software development.
- Demonstrated experience researching industry trends and vendor products.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of infrastructure technologies, operating systems, and the interconnectivity between infrastructure platforms and software tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of programming languages and quality assurance tools used in software development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...