The App Submissions and QA Specialist will play a key role within the Sony Music Entertainment Global Digital Business (GDB) and focus on app store submissions and quality assurance to key app store accounts such as iOS, Google Play, Windows Marketplace (includes Windows 8) and Amazon Market. The role will handle all technical aspects and documentation requirements for app store submissions on a global basis for all app initiatives throughout the company. Additionally, the role will oversee the GDB QA process to ensure applications are submitted bug free. GDB is the centralized publisher for all apps created throughout the company, and this role will support the day to day delivery of apps to each key storefront.
1) Complete and monitor all documentation and technical requirements required by each key app store account (Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon)
2) Set up and manage provisioning profiles, test flight requirements, source code compiling, xcode support, etc.
3) Manage QA process with third party vendor to ensure apps are properly tested and debugged prior to submission
4) Liaise with technical teams at individual app store accounts to ensure app submissions are completed properly and efficiently
5) Liaise with external developers to receive new applications and submit to various storefronts
6) Work with individual labels and territories to complete submission requests in a timely and efficient manner
7) Work with sister Sony companies such as Sony Mobile and Sony Electronics to make sure apps are optimized around Sony hardware
8) Troubleshoot various technical issues related to application creation, testing and submission
• Ability to set up test environments using tools such as Test Flight and xcode or similar
• Ability to create provisioning profiles and test load apps onto devices during the alph/beta testing phases
• Ability to manage external QA teams, implement and oversee test plans, and effectively troubleshoot and resolve bugs that occur throughout the testing process
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a broad range of people and personalities
• Expert level documentation skills
• A passion for music and a burning desire to build innovative digital concepts for the music industry
• Exceptional organization and communication skills
• A good sense of humor
• Programming experience (such as C/C++) a strong plus
• Experience with a wide range of apps (fee/paid) including games a strong plus
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in app store submissions, documentation and QA testing and procedures
• Strong technical knowledge with a proven track record of supporting alpha/beta testing of apps
• Demonstrated knowledge of app store submission requirements, including all technical requirements
• Understanding of iOS, Android and Windows development environments and submission requirement
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is a wholly owned subsidiary and the US headquarters of Japan's mighty Sony Corporation. Based in New...