Edison Mission Energy ("EME") is an independent power producer engaged in developing, acquiring, owning, leasing, and operating electric generating facilities. EME is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (EIX), a publicly traded corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Applications Analyst, Program Specialist . This is an exempt position and is located in the Santa Ana, California office. The general requirements for the position are as follows
- Identifies requirements, defines scope, performs cost benefit analysis, and develops conceptual specifications to address complex business issues and problems.
- Continually strive to enhance or improve business systems processes that drive efficiency through use of best practices.
- Leads and conducts analysis and research of new technologies and recommends appropriate alternatives in support of the organization’s strategic direction or resolution of business issues.
- Leads the implementation of effective solutions in a wide variety of business/technical areas.
- May provide functional (and sometimes technical) direction to other Applications Analysts and direct work of a project team.
- Models business processes and recommends process improvements and applicable technologies.
- Maintains consistent contact with clients, vendors, and other systems personnel at management and non-management levels to develop and maintain strategic working relationships and ensures alignment with Business and IT.
- Evaluate, recommend, plan, execute, and manage the integration of new reporting functionality, business processes and data into our existing applications environment.
- Ensure that product upgrades, enhancements, and future roll-out projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements.
- Liaise with Business Process Owners, software vendors, and EME colleagues to address system related issues and integration of functional requirements into our applications environment.
- Responsible for design, architecture and integration of reporting and analytics tools with information derived from an ERP or transactional system/data repository.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Work Experience and Skills
- Familiar with Utility industry a plus
- Applications Life Cycle Management and methodologies
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Ability to work in a ‘matrix organization’ where cross collaborative teams come together to resolve common issues.
- Thorough knowledge of business objectives, practices, and processes; computer systems and computing technologies and their relationship to the business functions and client work flow; system standards, guidelines, and operating methods; program development and the development tools required to support the business functions, including appropriate testing methodologies, structured design, and analysis concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of available products and technologies. General knowledge of new products and technology roadmaps
- Thorough understanding of client business and its impact on other areas and the Company as a whole.
- Ability to Liaise with Clients and colleagues to address Information Systems related issues, as well as integrating these requests into the existing systems portfolio.
- Ability to collect and clearly document business requirements and/or business process maps within one or more business functions.
- Ability to lead a project team utilizing project management methodologies and tools to successfully complete the initiative.
- Experience with SAP ECC 6.0, BW Bex, BO-BOBJ, SAP – GRC 10, SAP Portal NW 7.3, SAP –HCM, SAP MM, EAM, BPC 10.0, SAP, Oracle Data warehouse and or PMP Certification a plus
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This is primarily an office environment with moderate to medium noise levels. Occasional travel is required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve file information and lifts and carries reports and records that typically weigh less than 20 pounds.