Edison Mission Marketing & Trading (EMMT), based in Boston, Massachusetts, conducts price risk management and energy trading activities for its parent organization, Edison Mission Energy (EME), based in Santa Ana, California. EME is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in the business of developing, acquiring, owning or leasing, operating and selling energy and capacity from independent power production facilities.
- This position solves organizational information problems by analyzing requirements; designing process and applying technology. EMMT is a data intensive organization and relies on timely, accurate and consistent delivery of information to our business community. This position will be responsible for providing solutions in the areas of Information Management and Trade Analytics. The candidate will lead internal or external resources in the implementation of solutions for data acquisition, data integration, enterprise reporting and trade analytics. Additionally, the position may lead cross-functional teams to address business or systems improvement opportunities.
- Identifies requirements, defines scope, performs cost benefit analysis, and develops conceptual specifications to address complex business issues and problems.
- Conducts analysis and research of new technologies and recommends appropriate alternatives in support of the organization’s strategic direction or resolution of business issues.
- Implements of effective solutions in a wide variety of business/technical areas.
- Supports Trading systems in a fast pace operational environment.
- Models business processes and recommends process improvements and applicable technologies.
- Maintains consistent contact with clients, vendors, and other systems personnel at management and non-management levels to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Provides support in system upgrades and maintenance. This may involve off-hours work.
- Defines business value propositions and review with management
- Leverages scripting and SQL skills to build solutions that support a data intensive and analytical user base.
- Full understanding of industry practices, company policies, procedures, Systems Development Lifecyle concepts.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Thorough knowledge of business objectives, practices, and processes; computer systems and computing technologies and their relationship to the business functions and client work flow; system standards, guidelines, and operating methods; program development and the development tools required to support the business functions, including appropriate testing methodologies, structured design, and analysis concepts.
- Proven ability to wear multiple hats, communicate data to internal businesses to get what’s required, implement best practices, good communication skills, diligent, not shy about asking questions, working with technology team
- Thorough knowledge of available products and technologies. General knowledge of new products and technologies.
- Critical examination of clients' requirements and understanding the clients' operations and systems
- Thorough understanding of client business and its impact on other areas and the Company as a whole.
- Ability to Liaise with Clients and colleagues to address Information Systems related issues, as well as integrating these requests into the existing systems portfolio.
- Ability to collect and clearly document business requirements and/or business process maps within one or more business functions.
- Experience working with large databases in supporting time sensitive analytical processes. Must be able to grasp the context in which data is used within the business and match business requirements to the sources of data within systems.
- IT experience required. Must be adept at applying SDLC, software development life cycle concepts and best practices
- 5-7 years of experience with a programming language .net, VBA, C#, or Visual Basic is a must.
- 3-5 years in working with databases (Oracle or SQL Server) to support user community in data queries. Must possess thorough knowledge on how to write SQL queries and understand the business meaning of data
- Experience working with analytical tools a plus Matlab, Mathematica, R, SAS a strong plus.
- Implementation and support of analytical/financial models highly desirable.
Business Analyst Type Skills
Project Management Skills
- This individual needs to be able to work in a complex, multi tasking type environment.
- Good clear and concise writing skills required.
- Experience writing detailed requirements, approach papers/use cases and documenting process flows required.
- Working with the software developers and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Must be able to manage timelines independently with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to work independently and be deadline driven.
- Experience working with remote teams a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at multiple levels
- Partner with development resources (internal or consultants) to define, develop, test and deliver quality work products.
- Delivers value through on-going end-user and/or technical support (Documentation, creation and presentation of training materials, etc.)
- Define business value propositions and review with management
- Familiarity with project tools a plus – HP Remedy, Sharepoint, Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Midwest Generation - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard