WENATCHEE VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER
JOB TITLE: Application Analyst II (1460) REVISED: July 2010
DEPARTMENT: IT REPORTS TO: IT Manager
LOCATION: Wenatchee Valley Medical Center OSHA CLASS: 3
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Application Analyst will be r esponsible for assigned applications. The Analyst will work as a key member of the support team to build, maintain, test, and train as needed to assure successful implementation and ongoing support. The Application Analyst will be the key subject matter expert and act as the liaison between clinic staff and the support team for assigned applications.
System build and maintenance
1. Participate in system design process
2. Define system setup requirements
3. Document system setup
4. Assist in documenting current clinic flows
5. Work with appropriate staff as needed to determine needs and modifications
6. Participate in system upgrades as needed to ensure assigned applications are upgraded successfully
7. Track and perform system change requests
8. Work with IT staff as needed to resolve issues and address user concerns
9. Perform system imports, develop reports and complete configuration changes
10. Adhere to all implementation requirements as per project plans/specifications
11. Identify, recommend, create and perform user security and maintenances standards and activities
Testing and quality assurance
12. Adhere to all IT change control processes
13. Develop and utilize testing and communication plans
14. Recommend, development and communicate policies/methods to ensure proper testing is accomplished
15. Identify, communicate and work with IT and clinic staff to ensure adequate testing is accomplished prior to system implementation or enhancements
16. Ensure system changes are communicated to all stakeholders
17. Work closely with trainers on all changes and new features to develop documentation and training strategies
18. Train individuals or groups as needed
19. Attend regular clinic/team meetings to improve system utilization
20. Provide system support for all identified issues and requests
21. Troubleshoot, resolve and document system issues
22. Document FAQ’s and common solutions
23. Meet or exceed customer service standards
24. Document key tasks and milestones associated with assigned modules
25. Set and manage to timelines related to assigned tasks
26. Prioritize and communicate potential barriers and recommend alternate strategies
27. Utilize project management tools to document issues and status of assigned tasks
NOTE: This list of job functions is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other functions that may be deemed necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
2. Three years as an application support or application analyst, preferably in a healthcare setting
3. Implementing or upgrading applications with 100+ users and/or multiple locations
4. Working within an application support team
5. Specific applications experience may be required, depending upon position
Ability to attend classes/seminars and complete certification(s) as assigned.
May require travel up to 2 weeks at a time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of health care organizations and clinic work flow
2. Ability to work with all levels of staff to identify needs
3. Recommend implementation and support strategies based on industry best practices
4. Ability to keep professional demeanor in stressful circumstances
5. Ability to work independently and in team environments
6. Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills
7. Superior time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
8. Ability to identify key users/staff and development strong working relationships
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, stretching, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, and verbal communication to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information and reports. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
Normal office environment which consists of sitting at a desk for long periods of time, talking on the telephone, or working on computers and paperwork. This environment also consists of working in close proximity to co-workers.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Updates Safety skills on an annual basis. Understands and complies with WVMC safety procedures, including codes and evacuation procedures. Updates CPR skills as needed. Complies with clinic/department standards pertaining to attendance. Understands and follows all universal blood and body fluid precautions. There is the possibility to be exposed to infectious diseases, medical preparations and other conditions common to a clinical setting.
Whether it's a quick trip to the clinic or a visit to the hospital, Wenatchee Valley Medical Center (WVMC) has Pacific Northwesterners...