Job Title: Applications Chemist
Reports To: Technical Director
Location: Houston metro area
Compensation: $80-85k base, plus bonus matrix (performance based)
Benefits: Full benefits
About our Client:
Our client, a leading manufacturer of seals and sealing solutions, primarily for the Oil & Gas market, seeks an Applications Chemist with a base of experience in rubber compounding. This role will support the company’s strategy to build on its strong growth momentum and in supporting the evolving needs of its customer base.
UNIQUE ADVANCEMENT POTENTIAL! This position is earmarked for advancement, segueing into a Technical Management role based on success in the Chemist position. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an aggressive, expanding company quickly becoming a leader in its primary segment .
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will develop and compound process methods for new rubber formulations, optimize production methods for existing formulations for rubber and plastic compounds, select raw materials for formulations to improve performance and reduce cost, and perform chemical and physical properties testing as required
- Designing, compounding and developing rubber and plastic compounds to meet production requirements.
- Provides staff assistance to production supervisors and operators, utilizing professional chemical background.
- Assess conformance of WIP and finished goods to product specifications, based on analytical findings.
- Lead, supervise, and coordinate the work of lab technicians when assigned on projects.
- Implements development programs initiated by Houston R&D and Sales
- Assists the Plant Safety Manager in the maintenance of MSDS information.
- Other duties as directed by the Site Technical Director or the Vice President, Engineering/Corporate Manufacturing.
- BS Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Strong analytical skills, verbal and written communications skills.
- 5 years experience in rubber compounding preferred; ability to operate independently