Requisition #: 51251
Job Title: Applications Design Consultant II
Country: United States
State: New Jersey
Employment Status: Full Time
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We are searching for a Lead Business Systems Analyst to function as a design consultant in the IT organization, in particular to Analysis job family, and to internal and external users by providing guidance, design recommendations, and current system information. Review design documentation produced by Analysis and Design for functional validity, soundness of design, elegance of solution. Act as a recognized expert on application functionality and associated business practices. Interface with business users to assist in the education process relative to new application functionality. Actively participate in formulating complete requirements definition and planning activities. Prepare feasibility studies/analyses to assist upper management in strategic application decision making and to assist with project planning and scheduling activities.
- Conducts structured analysis according to SDLC standards and prepares analysis documentation, including User Stories, Use Cases, or other requirements documentation. Ensures thorough assessment of requirements from a business and system perspective with particular focus on the Implementation, Finance and Interfacing functionality. These documents serve as input to the creation of program specifications, test plans, user and system documentation, and training development and are used in all subsequent phases of the life cycle.
- Develops and documents design alternatives to satisfy user, business, statutory, and system requirements. Presents alternatives to users and impacted areas to facilitate design decisions and gain consensus.
- Assists in the development of functional testing requirements for new or existing system features. Conducts system walkthrough and formal review.
- Provides assistance to other staff members and development groups on selected business and technical issues. Assists in estimating and scheduling of a project or project tasks. Provides assistance to the IT Organization to troubleshoot and resolve problems and to explore opportunities for enhancement and improvement.
- Remains up-to-date on all systems analysis tools by reading related material and taking courses. Acquires and expands business knowledge by learning the daily business operations of ADP (especially Sales, Implementation and Finance) and a solid understanding of ADP products and features.
- Extensive exposure to and/or knowledge of ADP regional/sales practices and/or application systems (Sales, CRM, CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) Finance, Implementation, Order Entry, etc.) an absolute requirement. Experience in application design at complex levels.
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
DESIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- BigMachines experience a plus
- General knowledge of large scale website infrastructures
- Business knowledge of sales order process (proposal/quote to order completion and submission) a plus
- N-tier architectures
- SQL Lite and MSSQL 2008/2010
- Application architecture
- Knowledge of development methodologies such as SCRUM, Agile, and Waterfall
About ADP : We power organizations with insightful solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 60+ years of experience as a world-wide leader of business outsourcing solutions.
- 12+ years of documented experience within functional area
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must have demonstrated project management abilities
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Business/Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
All Locations: United States, Roseland, NJ
Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Applications Programming/Analysis
ADP - 13 months ago
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource (HR),...