The Applications Development Specialist Lead provides operational support and manages projects for modules in Oracle E-Business Suite and custom applications (APImaging Desktop, APImaging Web, and CCTM.) Key responsibilities include:
- Contributes strategic vision and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding application development. Recognized across the organization for applications development expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex application development problems. Undertakes the most complex projects involving multiple disciplines and may impact multiple business units.
- Leads and assists in managing projects. These responsibilities include guiding the project team through the software development lifecycle, monitoring project status, risks and outstanding issues, assisting in project planning, scheduling, and implementation, and ensuring successful project delivery.
- Develops applications in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Regularly coach other team members in all phases of application development and programming activities.
- Assists in the planning and estimating of future project work.
- Represents the department in meetings.
- Keep abreast of Oracle applications development and patch management. Participate in studies and recommendations regarding hardware and software as applicable.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard the company position on confidential matters.
- May assume a supervisory role on a limited basis in supervisor's absence, and may provide input to leadership regarding co-worker performance.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or Mathematics from an accredited college or university. Master's level degree preferred.
Experience: Ten or more years of relevant applications development experience required, including two or more years of experience leading the design and implementation of large multi-user corporate business applications.
Other: Depth and breadth of IT and business knowledge required. Strong project management experience required. PL/SQL and Oracle database knowledge required. A technical background in Java, Microsoft .NET technologies, Mule, Web Services, XML, MKS Source and MKS Integrity experience is a plus. Ability to manage multiple priorities with a high frequency of changing requirements, analyze and clarify ambiguous requests/instructions, meet very aggressive deadlines and manage a large workload is required. The Applications Development Specialist may need to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations. May require being on-call in order to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Salary: . Date posted: 11/13/2013
PowerPlantPro - 9 months ago