THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Designs and develops new software programs and applications with developers, programmers, and designers.
2. Consults with systems users to determine functional specifications and writes programming code to create or enhance functionality and/or appearance of company applications.
3. Consults with end users to create documentation relating to the program definition, development, business requirements. Documentation includes software objectives, deliverables, and end user specifications.
4. Installs software improvements and upgrades.
5. Writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications and end user requirements
6. Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
7. Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
8. Analyzes test results, formulates modifications and implements solutions to problem areas
9. Prepares and writes reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
10. Trains end users to operate new or modified programs.
11. Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
12. Works with external vendors to ensure efficient implementation of software products or systems.
13. Keeps abreast of new and changing technological advances in program languages, utilities, tools and client/server technology to ensure achievement of optimum results.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Business or a closely related field and a minimum of three years of experience in ABAP computer programming and/or operating systems analysis.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information on technical concepts to individuals.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods.
Requires a very high level of computer skills in order to use various software packages as well as a familiarity with hardware configuration.
Works in an operations center environment.
Position could be subject to shift work
Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy - 19 months ago
Atmos Energy, the largest gas-only utility company in the US, is interested in more than atmospherics; it is focused on delivery. Through...