Use your web development and design talents to help implement enterprise GIS technology for a variety of public, private, and nonprofit customers worldwide. In this role, you'll have a diverse range of responsibilities that affect real-world decisions for varied organizations.
- Design and implement solutions using Esri’s ArcGIS suite: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Portal, and ArcGIS Runtime. These products comprise the core technology base of our work and expertise is essential. You’d have access to a variety of classes and other training materials to build your personal knowledgebase of these products
- Conduct all pertinent activities, like design, documentation, testing, and technical transfer. Our customers need to fully understand your hard work to get the most benefit from your efforts
- Work closely with project managers and consultants, U.S. Government clients, and other contractors to analyze problems, define requirements, and develop solutions. You would not be “just a body” on a large team, but often directly interfacing with customers or other Esri staff where you’d be the expert on your specific work
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, GIS, Information Systems, or a related field
- Demonstrated technology experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or other RDBMS
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers, or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in planning, managing change, and negotiating
- Creative problem-solving skills and proven good judgment
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and potentially internationally
- U.S. citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, location based services, or similar
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns, including service-oriented architecture, web services, and cloud
- Knowledge of IT security concepts like SSL/TLS, tokens, hardened systems, PKI
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri - 20 months ago
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...