The Applications Developer is a member of the Applications Development Team within the Office of Information and Technology Services. The team is responsible for the development and maintenance of enterprise-wide software systems including the Student Information System (SIS) and the College's web portals. The Applications Developer is responsible for all aspects of the applications development life cycle and for managing all details related to an assigned project. This includes participating in team-oriented design and development, interacting with the user community to determine needs, writing technical specifications, developing, maintaining, and testing required software, and managing tasks to an established time line.
In addition, this position will assist in responding to daily user requests for assistance and clarification in using the SIS and the College's web portals. These requests may require editing database records, reviewing program code, and when needed, escalating issues to subject matter experts among the senior application developers.
- Analyze business processes and define application requirements.
- Write technical specifications and documentation.
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manage tasks to meet deadlines.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design.
- Develop and test applications.
- Support and maintain existing applications as needed.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of software development experience in an object-oriented environment.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented development and design.
- Working knowledge of web-based software development.
- Hands on experience with integrated development environment tools such as Eclipse and PL/SQL Developer.
- Experience developing applications in a business environment.
- Oracle database experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as-needed basis.
Excelsior College - 23 months ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...