The applications developer is responsible for in depth understanding of business processes in supported functional areas and participates in complex business analysis and applications development. The applications developer is responsible for all aspects of the application development life cycle and for managing all details related to an assigned project. This includes participating in team-oriented design and development, interacting with the user community to determine needs, writing technical specifications and documentation, developing, maintaining, and testing required software, and managing tasks to an established time line.
The applications developer is responsible for developing and supporting enterprise applications using Microsoft database technologies, such as Access, SQL Server, and SharePoint. Systems developed using Microsoft database technologies are to support departmental needs. SharePoint is used to support enterprise content management and workflow as well as an intranet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze complex business processes and define application requirements.
- Write technical specifications and documentation.
- Prepare accurate time estimates for projects and manage tasks to meet deadlines.
- Design systems to fit with business processes.
- Develop, maintain, and test MS Database and SharePoint applications.
- Support existing applications as needed.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online , or by mail:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of software development experience with Microsoft MS database technologies (Access, SQL Server) and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of application development using SharePoint Designer, Visual Web Parts, InfoPath, and Visual Studio tools.
- Solid understanding of content management, relational database, and web applications development.
- Experience developing applications in a business environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
Human Resources Office
Applications Developer Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
Excelsior College - 20 months ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...