Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Applications Developer performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives. He/She provides development, maintenance, and support for applications.
Assists in System Analysis and Design
Designs and Develops Low to Moderately Complex Applications
- Analyzes specifications and user requirements to perform assigned applications development work.
- Assists with system components’ designs to meet requirements.
- Participates in design reviews to improve quality.
Generates Application Documentation
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents low to moderately complex programs to develop application software.
- Develops unit test plans to deliver quality components.
- Records and updates defects log to ensure thorough and accurate documentation.
- Assists in software implementations to contribute to the software build process.
Supports Integration Builds
- Creates technical documentation to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
- Communicates and documents unit test results and code revisions to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to ensure proper and consistent application development.
Assists in Maintenance and Support
- Assists with software builds to meet application needs.
- Conducts tests to diagnose and record failures and report results.
Primary Skill: Siebel Analytics
- Executes procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
Siebel Analytics - Advanced
Linux Application Development - Intermediate
SQL & PL/SQL - Advanced
Brio - Intermediate
Hyperion - Intermediate
Cognos - Intermediate
Oracle ERP - Beginner
The desired Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 20 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...