Position Type: Direct Hire/Full-time
Location: Dallas, TX
Application Development Manager (non-technical is OK but technical is even better, a good leader is a MUST)
Wicresoft has an exciting opportunity with our client in Dallas for an Application Development Manager, immediately. This Manager will be responsible for managing an application portfolio that includes new development and legacy applications. This role will be managing a team of 8 - 10 Java and .NET Developers. Team works on up to 4 projects at one time.
Main responsibilities will be revolving around:
Steering the architecture and design of all team-related projects. Foster collaboration between business partners and the development teams to form an application strategy roadmap. Being involved in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including technical requirements analysis, technical design, development, testing, deployment, and production support. Work closely with peers to collaborate on efficient, scalable, and maintainable cross-application solutions. Utilizing business and systems expertise to identify new or improved business processes, and evaluates them for adoption into the business environment, often providing ongoing consultative services to both business & IT partners. Creating in-depth specifications for systems to meet user requirements and validates needs are met.
Experience managing development of business-critical software in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity
- 7+ years of IT experience and 5+ years leading application development teams
- Management understanding of application development Visual Studio and the Microsoft .NET Framework with C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of Java/J2EE -based software development including JBoss, WebLogic, and Oracle
- Knowledge and understanding from a management perspective of relational databases including SQL Server, Oracle (PL/SQL) and proficient in writing SQL statements, creating & modifying database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Materialized views, triggers , T-SQL , SSIS Packages.
- Excellent analytical and team building skills that fosters collaboration among the team
- Solid customer service and delivery skills
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology , Computer Science or business related degree
***Dynamic personality - someone who works hard and knows how to make the work fun for themselves and their team - A leader
Senior Technology Recruiter
Monster - 17 months ago