Applications engineering position responsible for the development of technical solutions in response to customer requests for proposal. Creates, gathers, assembles, edits information and compiles technical proposals for the Production Equipment group. Primary function is specification review, equipment scope definition, occasional basic equipment sizing, and coordination with process engineers and estimators. Continually develops knowledge of production equipment.
- Regularly interface with sales, review customer bid requirements, bid screening
- Develop proposal strategy with the product line and sales and provide written technical proposals
- Lead the development of cost estimates and coordination of equipment lead times in cooperation with manufacturing schedulers
- Work with sales and customers as necessary during the bid and post-bid process
- Analyzes complex operational requirements, task statements, standards, specifications, and other documentation to determine engineering requirements relative to the establishment or functioning of complete systems
- Perform detailed analyses of customer requirements to identify potential solutions to be offered by Valerus
- Possess a working knowledge of the processes and equipment offered by Valerus and possess a general understanding of the design/selection methods and calculations necessary to design and select an appropriate solution
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of natural gas treating and hydrocarbon processing
- Leads estimating resources to develop detailed cost estimates, as required, in support of development of the Valerus proposal
- Constructs applicable reports and bid documents utilizing Microsoft Windows-based computer tools
- Possess the necessary skills required to perform all Applications support functions to provide safe and creative support solutions.
- Can work with no direct supervision and serve as a mentor/instructor to others
- Requires working knowledge of ASME terms and guidelines
- Requires good language skills, written and spoken
- Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills.
- Highly organized and ability to juggle tasks and projects.
- Takes ownership of assignments and is focused on tasks given.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Customer service orientated.
Education/Experience: (Level I Entry)
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with production equipment in the process gas market
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production equipment
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valerus - 2 years ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...