PLC, HMI, Drives and Motion Application Engineer
Location in Tampa, FL
Industrial Automation: Siemens Automation experience preferred.
- A four year engineering or technical degree or appropriate experience
- Able to identify and demonstrate technology automation solutions for customer applications
- Technical Competency in the PLC, HMI and Software products.
- Ability to train internal staff on the sales and commercial aspects of the assigned products, including features, benefits and application.
- Be able to communicate on a business level to high-level management
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in the assign product and complimentary product area.
- Presentation skills for both group and individual situations at all levels of customer organization (high level management, Engineering, Human Resources, Purchasing)
- Able to identify customer needs, propose solutions and close orders.
- Able to identify and affect customer internal support processes which affect purchasing decisions.
- Able to lead and coordinate sales teaming efforts (including RA) required to identify project sales opportunities.
- Able to promote the value-add of the assigned products in competitive situations.
- Effective listening, communication, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer and branch needs.
Required Attendance and Physical Demands
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer, branch and employee problems and to recommend the proper course of action.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
The attendance physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. or within normal business hours as established by the company handbook. The employee will be required to travel to different locations. Employee may be required to work outside of normal business hours, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle, or feel; and required to speak, read and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
AWC, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.