This position develops business by building relationships with customers and providing solutions.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships via daily interactions, making supportive sales calls, and working tradeshows as needed
- Evaluates customer equipment problems, identifies necessary repairs, plans jobs, and prepares quotations for these repairs
- Designs modifications to customer equipment for improved service life, improved performance, or lower cost of manufacturing
- Provides estimates for contract machining jobs
- Manages large-scale repair or design projects
- Works with the engineering department to develop new services for our customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanical Engineering degree or a minimum of 5 years experience in machining, welding, or precision grinding.
- Computer proficiency
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Must have ability to read and understand CAD drawings
- Mechanical aptitude including specific reasoning skills in defining problems, factual data collection with validated conclusions
- Must possess capability to lead and complete project timelines
- Requires flexibility with schedule
- Travel up to 50% within the region. Usually day trips with overnight stay necessary occasionally.
Atlas Machine and Supply, Inc. - 2 years ago