With operations in both the United States and Canada, BOS Solutions (BOS) is a full service provider of solutions for drilling fluids treatment and recovery. BOS has advanced the technology of drilling support services and drilling fluid management, with particular skill in drilling fluid recovery for water and oil-based drilling fluids. BOS' integrated systems provide increased efficiency at the drill site, at a lower total cost, with minimal logistics, and at the same time reduce the environmental footprint. BOS is committed to helping our clients achieve their goals. We have a thorough understanding of our clients’ needs and have dedicated professionals to deliver results.
BOS is currently seeking a qualified Applications Engineer for our Canada and US Operations. The Applications Engineer/Technologist provides technical analysis and technical support to operations, sales and marketing functions within the company.The position is accountable for ensuring all technical interfaces with the Company client base is accurate and professional. This position will be located in our Houston, Texas office.
• Provides pre-job planning and technical assistance when required along with post job analysis with a view to continuous improvement and technical innovation
• Works jointly with operations and technical support personnel to refine and progress the company’s technology and applications
• Manages the BOS-Link field information database
• Provides guidance to senior management on applications and field operations technical performance related issues
• Manages the end of well-end of project reporting process ensuring concise, accurate, value added information is presented in a professional manner
• If required, represents Company at technical conference including writing and presenting technical papers
• Assists sales staff in presenting solutions and post job analysis directly to clients
• Adheres to all Company HS&E policies and practices and proactively promotes safe practice as an industry professional
• Support the Company’s HSE function when required with recommendations and design improvements along with failure investigation as needed
• Assists in the accurate and timely reporting of month-end activities and results as required by management
• Assists senior management in the development of budgets and forecasts related to the Sustaining Engineering function
• Participates in meetings and provides formal reports as required
• If required by executive management, participates in intellectual property and liability defense matters
• Any other duties as required by manager
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in drilling engineering or related oilfield practice with an operator or service company is a definite asset
• Background in drilling fluids and/or solids control and/or environmental compliance is a definite asset
• Willingness and ability to travel freely within the USA and Canada
• Proficient in MS Excel/Work/Power Point software. Experience with database management and query as asset
• Comfortable with direct client interface
• Proactive nature and ability to work self-directed
B.S. in Engineering ( Mechanical or related field) or equivalent education and experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.