The On-site Application Engineer’s primary function is to work with the end user customer to establish sound reliability practices for covered equipment. The AE will assist and be responsible for continuous update of the Flowstar.net equipment management software as necessary to monitor and evaluate the status of the customer's rotating equipment. The AE is expected to oversee the mechanical seal conversion process; including measurement, design, delivery, installation and operation.
The AE will prioritize the engineering and manufacturing functions of Flowserve to meet the customer expectations. The AE will ultimately function as the primary source of information regarding design, application, installation and operation of mechanical seals. The AE will assist in Failure analysis and provide input as to the mechanical condition of the ability of the equipment to perform its intended function. The AE is expected to support customer with information which supports the MOC process. The AE is expected to effectively communicate the needs of the customer to the local management team to ensure engagement of all available resources, products, and services of the Flow Solutions Group.
1. Will have responsibility for the equipment survey process and Flowstar.net program.
2. Will have responsibility for the inventory survey and reduction and consolidation efforts.
3. Will implement and administer the mechanical seal standardization and customer specification process
4. Will assist in insuring standardized installation procedures are followed.
5. Will provide trouble-shooting activities and make recommendations for improved equipment performance.
6. Will help organize and ensure monthly 'Bad Actor' meetings are held to maintain visibility and focus of efforts.
7. Will analyze and make recommendations on repair versus replacement of equipment components.
8. Will be responsible for daily advancement towards the agreed upon goals as set forth between user and Flowserve.
9. Will examine failed products, providing written and oral explanations to customer and assisting with on-site start-up and troubleshooting.
10. Develop and acquire knowledge of rotating equipment technology and applications to support customer program.
11. Develop and maintain a supportive relationship with Sales Engineer (SE), Regional Reliability Engineer (RRE) and District Manager.
Flowserve is pumped about flow control equipment. After reorganizing in 2010 the company operates through two segments. Flow Control...