These positions will provide technical process support to our High Purity / Waste Water Systems sales group, targeting sales opportunities for water systems primarily in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Beverage, Microelectronics, Power, Mining, markets. The successful candidate will possess outstanding technical process abilities, strong communications/presentation and MS Office proficiency and a desire to meet aggressive sales targets in a competitive environment. Some travel is required to provide technical support to Sales at customer meetings, work with strategic customers to define and develop technical requirements as well as to provide technical training seminars and presentations. Opportunities will exist to work with consultant-level technical experts to prepare technical presentations on water system design issues.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
o Engineering BS Degree, Chemical preferred.
- Work directly with a Sales team to provide engineering process design of water system unit processes based on feed water analyses, customer specifications and budgetary considerations, as well as on-site presentations of selected system process.
- Work with strategic accounts in the Pharmaceutical, Beverage and Microelectronic, Power, Mining industries to define consistent engineering requirements.
- Develop Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) for aforementioned water systems in conjunction with CAD resources.
- Develop costing of individual equipment operations (e.g.: materials, engineering and assembly) in conjunction with Cost Estimating resources.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Prepare proposals, including technical and commercial clarifications to bid documents, in order to design and develop equipment and systems, or redesign existing equipment, to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Acts as advisor to the Operation’s Engineering Team regarding project process details.
o 5 – 10 years experience with:
o High purity / waste water treatment technologies (including reverse osmosis pretreatment equipment, membrane filtration and ion exchange)
o Knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Beverage and Microelectronic process designs and their chemistry requirements.
o Understanding standard practices, concepts and procedures in Pharmaceutical, Beverage and Microelectronics water system designs and operation of manufacturing facilities, including system validation and sanitary equipment design.
o A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration.
Siemens - 23 months ago