Position Title: Applications Manager
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Sales & Applications
Position Location: Minneapolis or Cambridge, MN
FLSA code: Exempt
Oversee laboratory tests, plant tests, and provide technical service support for a variety of food categories including meat,
dairy, beverages and bakery. Provide hands-on technical project support with project management accountabilities for development of food applications utilizing SunOpta’s ingredients. Supervise and support the development of 4 to 5 Food Scientists. Significant customer interface required along with other technical service accountabilities to support the needs of Sales, Marketing, Technology and Operations. Deliver technical presentations to customers and peers at meetings. Travel estimate 20-30%
Product Line: Functional fibers, fruit and prep ingredients, brans, stabilizer blends, starch and other ingredients for the meat, dairy and baking industries.
Education: BS.or MS in Food Science or related field. Minimum 7-10 years experience with a food or ingredient company desired. Experience in plant production environment will be a plus.
- Oversee and coordinate bench-top product development trials.
- Provide technical service support for customers including hands-on bench and scale-up to production support to assure successful transition of lab results to production level in plants. Interact with customers via phone or on-site as appropriate.
- Manage the activities of 4 to 5 Food Science Professionals and provide them with the leadership and coaching to further develop in their career with SunOpta.
- Identify and resolve routine technical issues for customers via telephone or on-site.
- Deliver on Group Objectives and support short term projects as outlined by Project Management System.
- Manage projects such as prototype development, shelf life studies and cost reduction.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Write periodic reports on progress of research and other efforts
- Perform other duties as requested.
Other skills : Ability to analyze and interpret experimental results, and draw conclusions in the laboratory and in the plant. Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers is essential. Prior management experience is essential.
SunOpta Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
SunOpta is a leading global company with a focus on natural, organic and specialty foods. We specialize in the sourcing, processing and...