Under moderate supervision, assist in providing day-to-day customer contact and seek resolution to customer problems with designated product line(s). Interface with technical and in-house customer service personnel to determine nature of problems and implement remedial procedures for customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Exercise judgment within defined standard practice and procedures to analyze, design, program, debug, modify and implement business solutions.
- Follow established processes and procedures specific to documenting tickets.
- Recommend changes in support practices, maintenance and standards, and cross-training required to better share support responsibilities across the team and with the solution owners.
- May provide guidance and training to less experienced support personnel.
- Attend on-going training sessions to achieve level of technical skill needed to solve more complex problems.
- Participate in an on call coverage rotation for after hours, weekend, and holiday coverage in a 7/24 operations environment.
- Participate in night and weekend code releases
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Job Related Experience:
3 years’ experience in a 24x7 on-call support environment
Additional Skills / Knowledge:
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
- High organizational skill
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
- MS Office skills especially word and excel
- Able to display high-level technical competency during all phases of solution implementation and in supporting the solution through transitions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to apply customer service and analytical skills in an IT environment
- Effective time management skills.
- Experience with office application tools such as MS Office Suite.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.