Represents the Boston Financial- Business Technology Services (BTS) organization as technology product experts with vendors/clients/BTS Partners. Considered the experts for part/or all of a suite of products and as such must demonstrate a balance of technical skills, business knowledge and be Subject Matter Experts (SME) on our business technology applications. Serves as an instrumental part of the team when analyzing business problems for technology solutions and also provide product knowledge/consulting, level two (2) application support, application configuration and testing. Completes projects related to DST /Vendor product enhancements, maintenances, workflow implementations, new client set-ups, and other projects, as well as respond to service outages and other problems. Provides consultative services related to business applications. Responsibilities may include project management for specific initiatives.
· Acts as SME for a product suite.
· Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices for the product suite.
· Conducts technology research and maintains a high level of expertise in technical disciplines and on how targeted applications are used both within BFDS and by our clients.
· Partners with BTS and other resources for idea development, including business analysis, process improvement and technology product enablement,
· Delivers solution alternatives for review.
· Provides expert technical advice on strategic initiatives, addressing systems design, process analysis, and product integration requirements.
· Utilizes business knowledge and understanding of application hardware, software, basic networking, basic database (SQL tools and retrieval) and client/server system design/architecture, to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
· Proactively analyzes application processes to identify process improvement opportunities and critical processing times.
· Establishes and maintains installation/configuration procedures and disaster recovery plans for the various targeted applications.
· Develops test plans for projects and, when appropriate, executes test plans, monitors and documents the results and follows up on open items to resolution.
· May also prepare test scenarios, develop test scripts and complete baseline functionality, regression and enhancement testing for new releases of the product suite.
· Works with external clients and DST / Vendors to identify, document and resolve Desktop product issues.
· Communicates with BFDS areas, external clients and DST/Vendors to discuss sensitive/complex issues and to ensure the completion/resolution of all client requests/issues to the clients satisfaction.
· Manages, organizes, and analyzes, simple to complex special projects.
· Analyzes clients requirements and overall business/technology requirements.
· Prepares complex Statements of Work and coordinates implementation of products, workflow re-engineering and other technical solutions to business processes.
· Works with DST/Vendors to provide estimates and business requirements for custom coded solutions.
· Prepares regular project status reports to client and management, including outstanding issues, and problems.
· Collaborates in decision-making process regarding the versions of desktop products to be implemented by BFDS.
· Coordinates internal and external distribution of desktop product code.
· Organizes and directs activities of other analysts on a project basis, and may provide oversight, quality control and training for less experienced staff.
· Chairs and/or attends conference calls and meetings, traveling as necessary to the various sites.
· Prepares and delivers client and corporate presentations and participates in/leads client onsite training, analysis & consultation engagements.
· May play a key role in the training of customer and technical support personnel.
· Knowledge of the BFDS business including, mutual fund operations and support functions/procedures.
· Knowledge of DSTs and other Vendor products.
· Understanding of analysis approach
· Understanding of project management disciplines
· Understanding of technology concepts
Overall Skills and Abilities
· Ability to execute multiple complex assignments within the established time frames and quality standards, while responding to immediate needs.
· Detail-oriented with the ability to methodically analyze and solve problems, recognize sensitive situations, and respond or escalate as appropriate.
· Ability to act in a proactive consultative manner with business partners (DST, SSB or vendors)
· Ability to take initiative
· Ability to think creatively and critically
· Ability to train and mentor less experienced staff members.
· Must be a team player willing to share knowledge and expertise
· Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
· Influencing and negotiation skills in order to obtain support from decision-makers and vendors
· Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Visio and Project.
· Well rounded in hardware configuration, operating systems, basic networking and basic database administration (SQL Tools and Retrieval)
Education & Experience
· Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of formal education and work experience.
· Financial Services, Mutual fund and/or Retirement Services experience, including systems experience
Boston Financial Corporation provides working capital and finance solutions to small and mid-sized companies located throughout New England....