Information Technology Services
Applications Support Programmer
Exempt (Paid monthly)
If part time, hours to be worked weekly
If temporary please provide Start Date
And End Date
Position Summary Information
Purpose of this Position
The Office of Information Technology Services ( ITS ) at Carleton College is seeking an Applications Programmer. The focus of this position is to support Ellucian’s Colleague modules. Programming experience, along with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills are essential.
This full-time (12 months per year), exempt, regular, benefit eligible, staff position reports to the Director of Information Technology Services.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities
• Provide analysis and programming support for Ellucian’s Colleague and other applications that assist college employees in their effort to collect, maintain, and disseminate institutional data.
• Assist users with upgrade implementations, problem resolution, solution testing, and process improvements.
• Develop custom computed columns and subroutines using Ellucian’s Colleague Studio.
• Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot web applications such as WebAdvisor.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of data import and export interfaces between Colleague and other internal and external databases.
• Write reports using tools such as Envision and SSRS .
• Write and maintain documentation; provide training to end users as appropriate.
• Provide coverage for other team members.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and full-time work experience with integrated information systems. Minimum 2 years database programming experience.
• Demonstrated technical successes with programming across multiple environments.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and organizational skills; ability to follow through with customers and colleagues.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
• Demonstrated experience with Ellucian’s Colleague, including Envision and Colleague Studio; or equivalent experience in another major higher-ed ERP .
• Experience working within a higher education environment.
• Experience with SQL Server functionality such as: SSMS , SSRS , SSIS , query writing.
• Experience with Ellucian Portal, SharePoint.
• Experience with Hyland OnBase or similar enterprise content management systems.
• Familiarity with data warehouse concepts.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Carleton College - 13 months ago