Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
Work with internal and external customers in the technical aspects pertaining to the use and application of indexable cutting tools. Primary responsibility will be to provide technical product support via phone and email by assisting in the proper selection and use of Kyocera products, offering troubleshooting assistance and resolving technical problems as needed.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however other duties may be assigned.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Function as a first point of contact for technical questions from Kyocera customers, distributors, sales and marketing teams, and production teams
- Provide answers to technical questions placed via phone through our tech support number
- Respond to product questions placed via our web-based email address and fax line
- Act as a liaison between sales, production, and R&D teams.
- Support Customer Service department in technical matters beyond the scope of the Customer Service Representative function.
- Classify new products as necessary for the purpose of assisting with SAP Material Loads
- Support Marketing department by proofreading new product brochures and press releases
- Assist in the training of internal and external customers by creating and delivering technical product presentations
- Travel as needed to support Sales Team with product application and training at customers’ facilities
- Conduct internal product evaluations on CNC equipment
- Conduct product demonstrations in-house and on-the-road (as needed)
- Assist in New Product selection for the North American Cutting Tool market
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Entry level engineering position with no previous experience required; however, previous experience in the CNC Cutting Tool Industry is a plus
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively by oral speech (especially by phone, but also in person) as well as by writing in a businesslike, professional manner
- Proficient in identifying and assessing customer needs
- Ability to deal with difficult and ambiguous situations
- Well-developed interpersonal skills enabling teamwork and clear communication with inside and outside customers
- Able to create and deliver technical presentations and product training
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally to customer sites, subsidiary offices and appropriate sales/ marketing events
- Computer skills: proficient with Outlook & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with CAD software; familiarity with SAP preferred
- Familiarity with CNC programming preferred
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Work is performed in both office and manufacturing environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Employee may be required to lift up to 50lbs on occasion
- Certain aspects of the job may require standing for long periods of time, such as during tradeshows or while monitoring tests on a production floor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER