Requisition ID: 015606
Academic/Internal Title Academic Affairs Coodinator
Division/School Viterbi School of Engineering
Department: Viterbi/Deans Office
Location: University Park Campus
Employment Type: Full-Time
Percent of time for Part-time Position:
Salary Range: $29.25 - $33.40
Job Announcement: The Office of the Dean in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering is seeking an Academic Affairs Coordinator whose primary responsibility will be faculty appointments and promotions. Under the direction of the Executive Vice Dean and working collaboratively with the Faculty Affairs Coordinator, this position provides a broad range of administrative and project functions related to faculty and academic affairs; performs a wide variety of services that vary in complexity with minimal supervision; and interacts with central university offices as well as the Viterbi School's academic departments. This position directly reports to the Executive Assistant to the Dean.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Coordinates tenure track faculty hiring, tenure and promotions. Oversees the faculty leave and sabbatical process, and manages the school's faculty annual review and faculty salary proposal with the Office of the Provost.
- Works in conjunction with the Faculty Affairs Coordinator on non-tenure track faculty issues and assists with exceptional non-tenure track cases. .
- Initiates and maintains annual faculty contracts and ensures their timely completion and timely updates as required.
- Serves as primary liaison and information resource on faculty matters to the Office of the Provost, Office of the General Counsel, and other offices or schools on campus as needed.
- Serves as resource for faculty and academic departments regarding related administrative issues and procedures.
- Coordinates the senior exit survey and faculty harassment training programs.
- Maintains personnel files and ancillary paperwork as well as faculty databases and lists for both tenure track and non-tenure track faculty.
- Generates reports or other responses to faculty data requests.
- Serves as administrative support to the Executive Vice Dean.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- The school's two faculty affairs coordinators will be cross-trained on the basic responsibilities for each position.
- Knowledge of faculty affairs preferred
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Experience: Proficient with spreadsheets and database software.
Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with judgment and discretion.
Ability to meet and manage deadlines, work independently and well under pressure, with strong organization and prioritization skills.
Experience working in an academic institution and diverse workplace preferred.
Preferred Field of Expertise:
Position Type: Existing
Special Instructions to Applicants: