The Merchant Analyst position provides support to the Buyer/Director in a variety of areas to build sales and margin. This role is responsible for the tactical execution of the category strategy. Provides tactical support for assortment and promotional planning which include system entry and maintenance while maintaining accuracy of item and vendor information.
Requirements include highly organized and analytical individual with the ability to manage multiple changing priorities concurrently. Advanced level of proficiency with Excel required. The position is very fast paced and requires heavy attention to detail and organizational skills.
1. Purchasing support: Process transfer requests, update ETA's, PO confirmations, PO entry, PO maintenance, purge outdated PO's.
2. Pricing management: manage price increase/decrease, DCM pricing, Manager Special pricing, price protection execution, file management
3. Assortment management: SKU setups and maintenance
4. Promotions and rebate management: execute Ad recap descriptions, manage/update rebate offers
5. Reporting and analysis: Help generate and create business performance management materials and SKU level performance data
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bachelor's Degree (4yr) - Preferred
2 years Business
Proficiency in excel, knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office
Ability to create a logical plan for activities based on how they impact other parts of the project; balancing and prioritizing activities to make sure critical items are addressed. Able to check work for quality and raise issues and concerns; keeping others aware of workload and potential conflicting commitments
Proficient communication skills and organization
Pacific Sales, Inc. - 20 months ago