The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
JOB SUMMARY: On all commercial real estate secured transactions above $250,000 or above originated in the Regional Banks, CRE, Small Business, Special Loan Group, or Corporate Banking, the Regional Appraisal Review Officer is responsible for selecting a qualified appraiser, issuing the engagement letter, reviewing and accepting the issued appraisal for compliance and methodology used, and completing an appraisal review report for the collateral file.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Problem Solving
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES (Include the following, other duties may be assigned)
1. Performs appraisal reviews for all business lines to assist lenders and credit officers in valuing commercial real estate for lending purposes in order to maintain high credit quality.
2. Select appraisers for a specific loan transaction, from a pre-existing list. Prepare the Engagement Letter and review the final appraisal when completed for compliance and valuation methodology contained in the appraisal to justify the appraisal value.
3. Collaborate with the Regional Credit Officer, Corporate Loan Review, Relationship Managers, and Credit Analysts to ensure overall appraisal compliance, independence and valuation.
4. Provide documentation for the OCC and respond to requests from the OCC Examiners to ensure that all new Commercial Appraisals meet the current federal requirements regarding compliance, independence, and proper evaluation.
5. Evaluate and coordinate an approved appraiser list and recommend qualified additions or deletions from said lists. Responsible for maintenance of the lists to ensure that appraisers meet our guidelines.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of two years of writing appraisal experience, with additional two years of experience in lending, appraisal review, or comparable real estate fields. Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the State of Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Illinois.
Preferred Experience: Candidate for the MAI designation of the Appraisal Institute.
Work experience in the commercial real estate field completing a variety of commercial appraisal engagements is preferred.
Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Candidate must be familiar in understanding existing appraisal guidelines in federally-related transactions and insure compliance to said guidelines on all appraisals ordered and reviewed
Skills--Administrative: Candidate must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, since he/she will be spending a significant amount of time assisting, coaching, coordinating, and recommending appropriate appraisal ordering criteria to the Credit and Lending Officers. Position will work closely with the Chief Appraisal Review Officer, other review assistances, and Corporate Credit Review to insure consistency of policies and procedures relating to appraisal engagements and reviews.
Skills--Machine: Computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Office, Calculator, FAX, Photocopier, Scanner, and Telephone
Basic Skill Requirements:
Skills--Administrative: Keep current on all policy, product and procedural changes. Ability to manage time and materials effectively. Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks while effectively servicing clients in a timely manner
-Organizational Skills - Time management
- Decision Making - Negotiation
- Planning Skills - Listening Skills
- Stress Tolerance - Self-direction
- Voice clarity - Multi-tasking
Skills--Machine: Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.), or use of basic hand tools.
Analyze: Approximately 50% of the job will involve reviewing appraisals to validate appraisal conclusions and compliance. Problems are solved by researching and analyzing information before recommending/selecting the appropriate solution.
Math: Calculation of percentages, ratios, basic algebraic equations, etc., without instructions or formulae provided
Communicate: Written communication skills to convey complex information, where examples of format sometimes exist, but not content (e.g. explaining a theory, proposal, or strategy, etc.).
Impact of Decisions: Significant effect on ensures that appraisal meet the current federal requirements regarding compliance, independence, and proper evaluation.
Independent Action: Colleague is required to act independently and seeks guidance on major exceptions to pre-established guidelines.
Contacts: Exchanges information within multiple channels including associates, clients, and 3rd parties.
Compliance: Position requires knowledge of what is required to be in compliance in federally related loan transactions. Experience with USPAP, Federal Guidelines, and Associated Bank’s policies will become an important part of the position.
N64 W23710 Main St
Associated Bank - 9 months ago
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...