Analyze appraisals and perform market evaluations to support credit decisions and to assist in providing safe and sound real estate lending activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Perform in-house real estate evaluations in narrative form by providing an estimate of the property's market value in its actual physical condition, with any limiting conditions, if applicable. This duty is performed irregularly, about 20% of the time.
2. Perform visual inspection of subject property (exterior only) and document narrative with pictures of property. This duty is performed irregularly, about 20% of the time.
3. Perform appraisal reviews to determine whether the methods, assumptions and value conclusions are reasonable and that the appraisal contains sufficient information to support a credit decision. This duty is performed irregularly, about 20% of the time.
4. The appraisal review will also determine that the appraisal complies with regulations and supervisory guidelines as well as bank policy. This duty is performed irregularly, about 20% of the time.
5. Communicate any deficiencies of an appraisal to the appraiser as applicable. This duty is performed irregularly, about 10% of the time.
6. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 10% of the time.
7. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few known variables in situations of a routine nature.
Under direction where a definite objective is set up and the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
Considerable responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; may also occasionally assist in the planning of work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and also frequent opportunity for decision-making of major importance; the latter of which would affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
Moderate mental demand. Operations requiring almost continuous attention, but work is sufficiently repetitive that a habit cycle is formed; operations requiring intermittent directed thinking to determine or select materials, equipment or operations where variable sequences may be selected by the employee.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Directed. Supervisory and/or professional skills using structured practices or policies and directed as to execution and review. Interpolation of learned things in moderately varied situations where reasoning and decision-making are essential.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.)
Probable errors of internal and external scope would have a moderate effect on the operational efficiency of the organizational component concerned. Errors might possibly go undetected for a considerable period of time, thereby creating an inaccurate picture of an existing situation. Could cause further errors,
losses, or embarrassment to the organization. The possibility for error is always present due to requirements of the job.
Occasional routine contacts with persons outside the organization. This would include contacts with suppliers, mail service, etc.
Contacts occasionally with others beyond immediate associates, but generally of a routine nature. May obtain, present or discuss data, but only as pertains to an immediate and specific assignment. No responsibility for obtaining cooperation or approval of action or decision.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: 10-Key, Word Processing/Typing
Some overtime required. Occasional outside bank-related activities.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and distance vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.