At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
You always look before you leap. Weigh the pros and cons. You’re a purebred analyzer and the exact candidate we’re looking for to join the Capital One Risk team.
Here, you’ll work along some of the best and brightest in the business at an internationally recognized company. From analyzing data to completing reports, we’ll keep you on your toes and help advance your career. If you need one more bit of information to convince you that this is a sure thing, then we’re proud to tell you that we’ve been named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For.” We hope you join us today.
The Level Three Appraiser reviews completed real estate appraisals to assure completeness, accuracy and compliance to Capital One Bank Real Estate Appraisal Policy and Standards. When appropriate, the Level Three Appraiser is capable of performing real estate appraisals for Capital One Bank internal use, without major supervision.
- Assures that all appraisers used by Capital One Bank are familiar with the guidelines and requirements regarding real estate appraisals, by directly communicating such guidelines and requirements to them.
- The Level Three Appraiser is capable of reviewing all completed real estate appraisals ordered by Capital One Bank, and reviews them to ensure that: - The correct properties have been appraised as ordered; - All appropriate valuation concepts have been applied correctly; - Comparable values referenced are sufficient in number, and are recent enough to be indicative of current market conditions; - Appraiser's opinions of highest and best use are consistent with current market conditions; - Assumptions made regarding discount rates marketing period, occupancy rates, depreciation, income and expense streams and any other factors affecting property value are clearly presented and adequately justified; and - All requirements presented in the Real Estate Appraisal Policy and Standards have been observed, and the accepted appraisal practices have been followed.
- Accepts or rejects appraisals based upon the examination, and works with appraisers to correct unsatisfactory appraisals.
- Knowledge of Capital One Bank procedures and guidelines in general, plus specific and detailed knowledge of Capital One Bank Real Estate Policy and Standards.
- Knowledge of negotiating skills in order to successfully resolve disputes regarding appraisal fees and interpretations of the adequacy and accuracy of appraisals.
- Good interpersonal skills in all dealings with the internal/external clients.
- Capable of planning all activities, so that all job-related functions may be accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Familiar with broad trends in the local markets for residential (single and multi-unit), agriculture, industrial and commercial real estate, as a result of experience, personal contacts and analysis of available market data, applying such market knowledge to interpreting accuracy of real estate appraisal reports. Must also be aware of any local and/or State ordinances and zoning restrictions that may affect property values.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- 3 years experience in appraisal
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- MAI designation
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job Audit, Risk Management and Security Primary Location United States-Louisiana-Mandeville-Northshore-Mandeville Br 81 (37081) Schedule Full-time Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time Job Posting Unposting Date
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best known as one...