POSTING TYPE: External
DEPARTMENT: Assessing Services
HOURS: Full-time for 12 weeks
HIRING RANGE: $14.25 /hour (Internship)
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 8, 2013
THIS INTERNSHIP REQUIRES APPLICANTS TO BE A CURRENT STUDENT OR RECENT GRADUATE IN A REAL ESTATE DEGREE PROGRAM.
Performs technical procedures in appraising property for purposes of real estate taxation and related duties as assigned.
· Must be currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Real Estate degree program.
· Valid Driver's License
· Successful completion of 2 or more upper level (Junior or Senior), program specific courses in a Real Estate major or minor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Classify and appraise residential properties according to proper assessment procedures; including such tasks as compiling data on properties, inspecting properties or buildings, and determining such characteristics such as building age, quality of construction, availability of utilities or other needed determinations.
2. Update department records pertaining to current assessments and property data.
3. Collect data for other staff appraisers/supervisors.
4. Answer questions of the public regarding assessment procedures, valuations and appeals.
5. Prepare and /or compile data for input to the computer assisted mass appraisal systems.
6. Learn and efficiently operate new and existing computer software.
7. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: 1-7 are essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment:
· Knowledge of appraisal theories and techniques.
· Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
· Knowledge of math, legal descriptions and ability to interpolate from records and maps.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work effectively with the public, department and County associates in a professional manner.
· Ability to organize work efficiently and effectively.
· Ability to deal with hostile situations on the telephone and in person with tact and sensitivity.
· Ability to use computers and computer programs proficiently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a County office building. Some travel is required. Lifting requirement of up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Exposure to hazardous physical conditions such as mechanical parts, electrical currents, and vibration; atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases and poor ventilation; extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noise may occur on the job.
SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process for this classification will consist of a screening of your training and experience from the application materials submitted.
Dakota County Employee Relations
Main Number 651.438.4435 (contact 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Dakota County - 8 months ago