The appraiser serves Farm Credit West’s internal and external customers by conducting real estate appraisals, maintaining benchmarks, completing market surveys, and collecting and analyzing real estate sales information to support appraisals and asset valuation. Typically this requires a high level of expertise and state certified credentials.
- Maintains comparable sales data, current improvement cost data, and other resource information required to prepare accurate and reliable appraisals and report trends to management.
- Confers with Senior Management, Relationship Managers, Loan Officers and Credit Analysts regarding complex appraisal and environmental issues.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, and regulations are adhered to as required
- Performs appraisal reviews of third-party appraisals on an as needed basis.
- Ensures that appraisal costs are handled in the most cost effective manner assuring cost competitiveness as it applies to the loan origination process.
- Communicates with all team members, appropriate turnaround time relative to appraisal complexity and quality appraisal administration are essential.
BA/BS degree with emphasis on agriculture, agri-business, business administration or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) to five (5) years of experience in the area of real estate appraisal with an emphasis on appraising agricultural producing properties. Entry level to a senior appraiser, with agriculture appraisal experience preferred. State appraisers license desired, but not required. Desired qualifications include: knowledge of agricultural appraisal and real estate principles and practices; customer service and analytical skills; proven track record of successful delivery within a team environment under demanding time lines; and organization, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
Farm Credit Network - 17 months ago