Apprentice Business Analyst Program Overview:
PCG looks for highly talented, motivated and results-oriented recent college graduates with drive, determination and the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment to enter into its Apprentice Business Analyst (ABA) Program. The Apprentice Program is the foundation for learning how to be a consultant at PCG. Throughout the two year program, you build your skills by working alongside talented senior consulting staff. You work on a variety of challenging assignments in our different practice areas to assist public sector clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Your growth is supported by a Practice Area Manager who provides guidance and monitors your involvement with project assignments. You also select a mentor who guides you on “how to be a successful PCG consultant”. Our team is dedicated to ensuring ABAs build a solid foundation for success through serving a diverse client base, playing an integral role on our project teams, and partaking in performance development activities. Our Apprentice Program will push you to fulfill your potential.
ABA – Education Overall Responsibilities:
The ABA position in our Educational Services Practice Area revolves around technology, policy and financial management functions. ABAs work as part of a team to provide superior service to large school districts in the areas of special education management systems, data warehousing, federal claiming, and other school based revenue programs. PCG seeks self-starters who can quickly learn our web-based technologies and lead clients through the implementation and training processes
Typical ABA Responsibilities may include:
PCG ABA candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Learning web-based technologies and leading clients through implementation and training processes.
- Providing service to large school districts in the areas of special education management systems, data warehousing, federal claiming and other school based revenue programs.
- Assisting with the preparation of materials for training seminars.
- Participating on proposal development teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal submissions.
- Developing presentations for and attending conferences/seminars.
- Coordinating project requirements and client expectations.
- Preparing and presenting written status reports for clients.
- Conducting policy and other research.
- Defining, documenting and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing data.
- Providing project management support to Consultants and Managers.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, presentation, time management, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- A detail oriented problem solving approach to business issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
- Proven ability to take initiative and move daily work forward.
- Good judgment in completing tasks and in seeking guidance when needed.
- A commitment to deliver exceptional client service and contribute in a team environment.
- Workload and travel flexibility based on client and team needs.
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
- Core interest in education, government, or public consulting.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Note: this is part of our college hiring program, thus candidates must have received their Bachelor’s Degree within 12 months of hire.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Additional experience using SQL preferred.
- General knowledge of Medicaid claiming, schools K-12, and/or special education are highly desirable.
Public Consulting Group - 15 months ago