Under work direction from the Journeyman Carpenter, the Apprentice Carpenter learns standard entry level carpentry methods and techniques. The work is accomplished in an actual on-the-job situation and is supplemented by mandatory attendance at the Carpenters Union training center.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Complete weatherization tasks on low-income residences.
- Participate in Carpenters and Joiners training program, attend carpentry school classes, and join local Carpenters Union.
- Gain experience by learning to:
- use carpenters hand tools and power tools;
- review and conform to building codes;
- select proper materials to be used as appropriate to job;
- mark cutting & assembly lines on materials using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- assemble cut and shape materials and fasten them together, and
- fit and install weather stripping.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- No major violations and no more than two minor violations in the last five years.
- Must successfully pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination.
- Must successfully pass criminal background study.
- Must be able to lift up to 44 pounds, carry up to 82 pounds and demonstrate these and additional physical requirements through CRT testing.
- Minimum of 6 months building trades experience (non-union) preferred.
Job Posting Dates:
May 7, 2013 - May 17, 2013
M-F, 40 hours/week
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties - 19 months ago