The Apprentice Engineer will assist in the hands-on maintenance of building systems for the safe, efficient, and proper operations of all assigned properties. This position will perform all lighting, lighting inventory and ballast replacements in the facility and will assist with minor plumbing, HVAC and preventative maintenance on building systems as necessary. |
Description of Responsibilities:
- Must possess basic understanding of A.C. circuits and safety procedures.
- Responsible for replacing lighting and lighting ballast.
- Must possess basic understanding of plumbing systems.
- As necessary - Responsible for minor repair to flush valves and faucets.
- As necessary - Responsible for inspecting and replacing wax bowel seal and remounting of toilet and urinals when needed.
- As necessary - Repair and replace door closures & minor door hardware as needed.
- As necessary - Read and record tenant utility meters.
- As necessary - Responsible for remedial tasks such as painting, cleaning and unclogging toilets or drains.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 6 months experience in the building maintenance industry and/or a certified and credited trade school related in the building maintenance industry.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, safety goggles, ear protection.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a team player, able to work outside the core business hours when needed and willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Responsiveness – Need to perform responsibilities with an acute sense of urgency to meet the needs of others; respond to solve problems; willing to accept a variety of tasks associated with this position.
- Integrity - Demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values; protect confidential information.
- Communication - Able to clearly express ideas; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, climbing ladders, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.