Responsible for providing assistance to guests utilizing the water slides at the aquatic facility and supporting the highest levels of customer service for participants, staff and visitors.
· Stands watch over a position at the top of the water slides to ensure safe entrance and passage of users.
· Ensures proper height of users on the waterslides of the facility.
· Assists customers with the proper fitting of life jackets and ensures that they are secured properly on the guest.
· Assists customers with obtaining equipment necessary for various instructional classes and lap swim.
· Maintains a safe environment by monitoring patron traffic; uses good judgment in contacting appropriate personnel.
· Maintains a professional and personable demeanor while working with participants, staff and visitors.
· Assists with upkeep of the facility within the aquatic grounds when directed
· Provides information to customers regarding the facility hours and general information about the Kingsport Aquatic Center (KAC).
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of the KAC.
· Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Knowledge of and the ability to render First Aid and CPR.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with supervisors, staff, members of the general public
Education and Experience:
Must be a minimum age of 15 and have general knowledge of water safety and comfort around the water.
City of Kingsport, TN - 20 months ago