Provide supervision of the pool, patrons, programs and staff and serve as Manager on Duty (M.O.D.) during early morning, evening and weekend operation hours.
· Schedule staff for guard and instructor duties with the assistance of the Aquatics Manager and Assistant Aquatics Manager
· Open and close facility as scheduled and enforce operating schedule.
· Train new lifeguards and instructors and provide in-service training to current staff members.
· Perform duties of lifeguard and swim lesson instructor as needed
· Serve as on-deck liaison during swim lessons as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures and the operations and functions of Kingsport Aquatics Center (KAC).
· Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management, employees, and members of the general public as they relate to KAC.
· Ability to work under limited supervision, using personal judgment in decision making.
· Ability to complete daily financial reports.
· Ability to assist the Asst. Aquatics Manager with staff schedule.
· Ability to lead swim instructors for lesson programs.
· Ability to assist or instruct Lifeguard Training classes.
· Ability to assist with In-Service Training of staff.
· Ability to set & enforce appropriate appearance and uniform standards for staff.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years experience in a related field. American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Water Safety Instructor Certification, and First Aid/CPR/AED Certification required. Lifeguard Instructor Certification preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
City of Kingsport, TN - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -