Assists in developing, organizing, and implementing high quality Greenville Recreation & Parks Department (GRPD) aquatic programs. Provides direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for aquatics staff in accordance with GRPD policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member/patron safety and engagement.
Examples of Duties:
1. Supervises aquatic program activities to meet GRPD objectives. Ensures program quality and monitors staff performance and member/patron service.
2. Develops relationships with members/patrons and obtains regular feedback on programs. Recommends program enhancements to ensure that member/patron needs are being met.
3. Supervises staff and ensures appropriate staffing of pool. Coordinates schedules for staff and volunteers.
4. Aids in selection, training, motivation and evaluation of assigned staff; reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
5. Responsible for pool safety and injury prevention.
6. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
7. Assists in the delivery of aquatics programs, instructions and staff trainings.
8. Manages aquatics staff timesheets and payroll information.
9. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
10. Maintains pool logs, pool updates, and incident reports.
11. Completes other related duties as assigned by Aquatics Supervisor.
12. Provides leadership and direction in the development of short- and long-range plans. Gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations.
Education and Experience:
• Requires high school diploma or GED.
• One to two years related experience (e.g., lifeguard or pool manager) preferred.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Required Certifications at time of hire:
-CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer
-Blood Borne Pathogens
-Water Safety Instructor Certification
Preferred Certification at time of hire:
-Pool Operator Certification (must be obtained within 12 months of hire)
City of Greenville, NC - 10 months ago