Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Ops/Athletic Facilities
Pay Type: Hourly
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 32
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 17.59
Max Rate: $ 26.03
SUMMARY: Assist the Athletics Facility Coordinator with the operation of the new Veteran’s Memorial Aquatics Center (VMAC).
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Performs supervisory and administrative work in managing aquatics programs, operations and staffing to include Pool Managers (AKA Head Life Guards), Lifeguards and district swim personnel. Assists the Athletics Facility Coordinator in developing, managing and coordinating all activities of the Veteran’s Memorial Aquatics Center (VMAC) including, but not limited to; district practice/meets, club rental, lifeguard training courses, staff training and programs and activities.
2. Prepares and maintains the VMAC in accordance to State of Colorado Health code guidelines. Conducts set up and tear down of meets, practices and activities.
3. Manage the district aquatics center including coordinating improvements, plans, schedules, admissions procedures, cleaning and maintenance to ensure the well being of students, parents and staff. Assists Event Assistants with start up cash for events/concessions and close outs as needed.
4. Perform minor repairs and building modifications, including, but not limited to participating in construction and facility modifications requests, initiating work order requests for repairs and modification projects. Conduct pool maintenance, chemical checks and daily logs completions. Correct pool chemicals and adjust chemical automation units as needed.
5. Assists the Athletics Facility Coordinator with hiring of personnel, evaluating/documenting work performance, and training of staff. Completes staff scheduling for pool management, lifeguards and concessions for events and activities, assigns daily tasks to staff.
6. Orders and maintains first aid, office and janitorial, program, pool chemicals and other operating supplies. Can stock and distribute supplies as necessary.
7. May perform snow removal as needed for the walkways utilizing, snow blowers and or shovels. May apply pre- and post-ice controls.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, removing trash, cleaning and/or sanitizing all of locations facilities including pool, pump room, rooms, restrooms, hallways, stairwells, common areas, bleachers, concessions, ticket booth/admissions, locker rooms, offices, parking lot, walkways, and storage areas. Assist the Athletics Facility Coordinator operations, events, repairs, cleaning or other general work at the stadiums as needed.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in aquatics program management with supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
• American Red Cross CPR/AED for the professional rescuer required.
• Must successfully complete current district training for supervision of Classified Staff within one year of entering position.
• Ability to frequently travel among district facilities.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and/or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) required.
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Instructor (LGI) required within six (6) months of hire.
• American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) required or must obtain within twelve (12) months of entering position.
This is a temporary position to start on March 20, 2013 and end June 15, 2013. Schedule and hours will vary, but should average at about 32 hours per week.
How To Apply
Temporary position - not eligible for benefits for 6 months.
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.