Job summary (essential functions):
The Triathlon Club Swim Coach is responsible for coaching the swim workouts for the El Camino triathlon program. We have three practices: Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays 5:30-7:00am. We are looking for someone to coach one or two of these practices. This position requires a basic knowledge and understanding of triathlon, preferably having completed one. The most important responsibilities include supporting triathlon participants in achieving their goals and maintaining relationships with each individual participant although further responsibilities would include tailoring workouts to participants needs, scheduling clinics, putting a training schedule together and leading groups of participants in weekly or bi-weekly workouts.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must obtain CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification within 30 days of hire
- Must obtain First Aid certification within 30 days of hire
- Preferably USAT certified
- Coaching experience
- Preferably triathlon participation experience
- Commitment to the mission of the El Camino Y
- Works well with people of all athletic abilities
- Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...