To promote tree health, appearance and safety campus wide. Provide exceptional customer service to the Point Loma Nazarene University community.
- Insure exceptional (360 degree) customer service to the campus community.
- Maintain, prune and remove trees and large shrubs utilizing proper ISA standards
- Plant, cultivate, and irrigate trees and large shrubs.
- Effectively plan and communicate tree work to be done.
- Maintain campus tree inventory
- Diagnose and apply treatment to trees/shrubs with unhealthy conditions.
- Instruct and assist groundskeepers with proper tree care.
- Make recommendations and provide status of trees on campus including hazard ratings, pest and pathogen outbreaks and tree inventories.
- Use power equipment and hand tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Must have a service orientation and perform duties in a cooperative, efficient and energetic manner while providing exceptional customer service to the PLNU community.
- High School degree or equivalent with two years arborist experience preferred; Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arborists ( ISA ) or equivalent desired
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in trimming, shaping.
- Ability to trim trees according to ISA standards.
- Knowledge of different species of trees and their growing characteristics as related to pruning and shaping methods.
- Ability to exercise critical interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with faculty, staff, students and external contacts.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities that normally require special physical effort, including working at considerable heights, bending, crawling, stretching, and lifting heavy objects typically under 90 pounds.
- Must not have allergies that interfere with working outdoors (such as fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, plant life, pollens, etc.).
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: