Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1's. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
Perform Business and data analysis: Can rapidly and independently, with little supervision, perform data and business analysis and connect the dots between the two.
2. Problem solving: Proficient at solving complex data integration problems with ease. Very quick at delivering solution with high degree of certainty and appropriate risk recognition.
3. Agile methodology : Proficient at turning business requirements quickly into a working prototype thus gaining business confidence and soliciting valuable feedback.
4. Data mart: Experienced at building data marts, can quickly assess the needs and execute with very high degree of success with little direction.
5. Data modeling: Proficient in dimensional modeling, specially understanding practical aspects of modeling that goes beyond the pure science of data modeling and leads to much more usable data model.
6. ETL Tools and ETL architecture: Proficient in design, development and architecture of ETL for high performance, flexibility and low maintenance.
7. Data Quality and Framework: Posses in-depth understanding and is very proficient at leveraging all of its aspects to make a project successful.
8. Parallel Databases: Very proficient at writing SQL and procedural database code tuned for flexibility, performance and maintenance.
9. OLAP: Very proficient at extrapolating OLAP needs from business requirements and turning it into a practical multidimensional solution.
10. OLAP Tools: Understands concepts, has used OLAP tools in past, good at picking up any new OLAP tools like business objects or SAS BI.
11. Technical Project Lead: Can provide the following for a data integration project:
a. Plan project timelines: Based on initial set of requirements.
b. Project approach: Conceptualizing project tasks breakdown and their prioritization to complete the project within time and budget.
c. Project Risk: Enumerating project risk and managing them and clearly defining risk mitigation strategies.
d. Problem solving: Finding alternatives to hurdles and managing them without impacting project timelines and cost.
e. Managing customer and management expectations
Excellent communication skills, Business Analysis, ETL Architecture, data modeling, dimensional modeling, ETL using one of the industry leading ETL technology, SMP and MPP Database (Teradata, DB2 parallel, Vertica, Netezza) SQL, UNIX, one of the major programming language -- pl/sql, t-sql, C, java, perl, shell, Data Warehousing concepts, Experience building very large data warehouses, Technical Project Management, OLAP concepts, Experience using one of the industry leading OLAP technology, Data Quality tools, DW Framework.
nformatica, data stage, Data Stage, Java, Card Industry knowledge, Perl, UNIX Shell, Erwin, Data Governance concepts
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...