has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
is currently seeking an
to join our Architectural team in Miami, FL. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with a team of architects and engineers on diversified commercial and retail architectural projects. Our ideal candidate will be highly proficient in the use of BIM. A working knowledge of Microstation is a plus.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Evaluates clients needs and works on assigned preliminary design solutions for review by senior architect.
- Develops detailed drawings to comply with zoning and building codes and construction budgets.
- Coordinates with all disciplines involved, to produce contract documents.
- Writes specifications and reports.
- Selects and recommends procedures.
- Reviews shop drawings.
- Prepares architectural documents under the direction of a registered architect.
- Conducts product research.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture is required.
- Our ideal candidate will have between six and ten years of related architectural experience.
- BIM skills are required. A working knowledge of Microstation is a plus.
- Our ideal candidate is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as technical writing and communications skills are required.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...