Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and todefine architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance.Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Architecture and solution design experience required to develop detailed design specifications.
- Technical expertise in Java/J2EE/TIBCO/ Java Message Service, WebServices, Caching, Database and Infrastructure, including tools/utilities and design patterns
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Solution and Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience developing and supporting multiple enterprise level data patterns including ODS, DWH, Data marts and business intelligence.
- Event Driven Architecture (EDA) experience/exposure.
- Spring Framework experience/exposure.
- Agile environment.
- Experience leading the development of Architecture Guiding Principles and Architecture blueprints, usually through collaborative client workshops.
- Knowledgeable with TOGAF.
- Knowledge of key architecture governance models, underlying tools, and supporting processes (e.g. architecture approval, architecture change control, architecture's role in project and standards oversight).
- Be very knowledgeable about various patterns in enterprise architecture and best practices.
- Knowledge and/or experience relating to Outsourcing/Managed Service Provider governance, transition and performance management.
- Knowledge/experience in the financial services/banking industry highly preferred.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Experience with actual delivery of projects.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment.
- Excellent people management skills (Manager Level).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 12 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...