Primary responsibilities/essential functions:|
Additional skills desired:
- Creates information architecture deliverables working in conjunction with either a solution or domain architect (e.g., application, business, information, infrastructure, security) to address business projects, translating user requirements to solutions.
- Researches, designs and communicates information management solutions as part of projects and/or programs, applying relevant principles and practices.
- Develops multiple solution alternatives based upon an understanding of the key requirements to the users, fit with enterprise architecture strategy and the Business Technology Roadmap, alignment to guiding architecture principles, and total cost of ownership.
- Enhances and utilizes enterprise and solution architecture deliverables, including Information Reference Architecture and Information Blueprints to produce and communicate IT architecture solutions.
- Assists in the development of non-functional requirements specific to integration in support of projects and/or programs.
- Applies ITG engagement model and Systems Delivery Life Cycle best practices to ensure proper level of involvement in solution architecture engagement.
- Asks questions to clarify requirements and performs solution analysis in response to coaching and guidance from lead architects, principals, and managers.
- Facilitates, organizes and/or participates in architecture reviews as needed.
- Supports and provides input for roadmaps and blueprints for architecture function or for individual area(s) of technology focus.
- Identifies and harvests reusable assets from projects.
- Researches, stays current with, and understands relevant business and technology trends and applies them to current CG needs.
- Researches trends and influences decisions regarding the use of technologies, architectural patterns and standards across multiple areas.
- Mentors and instructs others outside of Architecture group on architecture standards, best practices, and the engagement model.
- Conducts relevant brown bags with associates interested in Architecture or who perform some architecture work in their current role.
- Acts as an Architecture point of contact for defined portfolios to give the business one entry point into Architecture.
- Partners with business to understand business needs and explain architecture, architectural options, relevance to the business, and associated business value to both educate the business on architectural considerations and to help the business make well-informed decisions on projects and/or programs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned. Hiring Criteria This role requires the following minimum skills:
- 5 – 10 years experience in IT solution delivery and/or architecture with emphasis on information management solutions.
- Skilled in business domain modeling and logical and physical relational data modeling/design.
- Skilled in data analysis and facilitation, i.e., able to produce data designs using a variety of inputs such as requirements analysis, SME interviews, business process and data flow analysis, data profiling, etc.
- Experience with ER/Studio or similar data modeling tools/repositories.
- Knowledgeable about commercial DBMS, especially Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle & Sybase including familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with data integration and data warehousing solutions.
- Knowledgeable about Business Intelligence tools and their appropriate use in solutions for diverse business requirements.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Knowledge of the capital markets/asset management industry
- Experience in supporting data governance.
- Exposure to a variety of information architecture themes such as MDM, data warehousing, data quality, business intelligence, metadata management, content Management, Big Data/NoSQL, SOA, etc.
- Experience with an ETL platform, preferably Informatica and familiarity with other integration technologies.
Capital Group Companies - 2 years ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...