To leverage our scale and drive efficiencies as we pursue new e-commerce opportunities, as a Search Architect you’ll have the opportunity to help define and implement components for the next-generation, global e-Commerce Search Platform. This position will be responsible for design and implementation of the search engine platform within the website. The candidate will be working together with the Architects, Engineering Managers, Business and Product management teams.
• Partner with Product management to help define road map.
• Create a close working relationship with the business to identify the pain points and provide better services.
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders to manage expectations.
• Lead technical initiatives with complex interdependencies, high impact to the department or organization.
• Expert problem solver.
• Participate in technical design review meetings
• Responsible for application/system dependencies and deliverables
• Serve as a decision maker for technical project issues
• Be the point person for escalations
• Serve as the domain expert of the application/system. This is essential for on-call situations and escalations, as well as knowing the functionality and constraints the system when defining product specifications
• Excellent system analysis and design skills
• Must have working experience with one of the following: FAST, Endeca, Autonomy, and/or Siderean
• Working knowledge of Agile methodology
• Solid hands-on technical understanding and grasp of various systems within eCommerce solutions
• Experience working with Tomcat, Spring, Object relational mapping, and Java based technologies
• Have developed a vendor/fulfillment partner integration product for high volume eCommerce sites
• Knowledge of RDBMS, and ORM is a must
• Supply chain expertise and experience in integrating to 3rd party logistics providers/Drop ship vendors
• Ability to manage development teams based in multiple, global locations
• Experience with SOLR, and Hadoop based technologies is a definite plus
• Experience with Retail ecommerce
• 10+ years of experience with Java and various frameworks such as Spring.
• Experience implementing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and web services
• Experience implementing content management systems
• Experience designing systems for extremely high traffic and transaction volumes
• Experience in similar roles at prominent Internet companies, with detailed knowledge about scaling issues and solutions
• Ability to work with business users, product managers, QA, Release, and UI and Platform Engineering teams to develop great e-commerce applications
Minimum Educational Level:
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
10+ years in overall software engineering design and development experience
Avenue Code - 30+ days ago