Hill Air Force Base provides worldwide engineering and logistics management for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile, and performs depot maintenance of the F-16, A-10, and C-130 Hercules aircraft. The base is located between Ogden and Salt Lake City. The area is known for year round activities, including skiing, hiking, boating, extreme sports, fishing and hunting, with four distinct seasons, low humidity and moderate snow fall in the valley.
THIS IS A 90 DAY STANDING REGISTER
90 Day Register: This announcement will result in a 90 day register (list of eligible candidates) that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
This position is located in 75 CEG/CEPM at the Hill AFB. However, this announcement may be used to fill other positions at Hill AFB.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Current/prior federal civilian applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT (BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME):
1. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include mo/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
2. Responses to the on-line Occupational Questionnaire.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Back to top
As an Architect GS-0808-12 you will serve as a senior professional architect in support of design duties pertaining to facilities engineering management at a major or complex military installation. Also serves as a technical consultant on design aspects concerning real property facilities and utilities. Lead a design team of lower graded engineers/architects from a variety of disciplines and technical staff on large or more complex, multi-phase projects. You will also:
-Perform as a professional architect in planning and designing substantial new construction, renovation, and improvement projects on real property facilities.
-Serve as a consulting architect on all design aspects of assigned projects.
-Coordinate the preparation of and review Architect and Engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW).
-Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines.
-Keep abreast of emerging technologies to ensure programmed development will not prematurely become obsolete.
-In conjunction with the primary duty of design, on a less frequent basis perform work in construction management, program/base development, and/or operations and maintenance (O&M) functions.
-Comply with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and perform work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
-Monitor and/or manage projects for new construction, renovation, and improvements to real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of architecture.
-Maintain surveillance over construction contractors to ensure compliance with contracted specifications, schedules, etc.
Back to top
BASIC EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR: Architect GS-0808-12
Candidates for these positions must possess:
A. Degree: architecture; or related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.
B. Combination of education and experience:
For a description of how to qualify based on a combination of education and experience under section "B" go to this link:
You must have one year of specialized experience (52 weeks of full time experience) at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade
level GS-11, pay band
or equivalent. Creditable specialized experience may include: Performing as a professional architect in planning and designing substantial new construction, renovation, and improvement projects on real property facilities; applying architectural concepts, principles, and practices applicable to a broad range of design; planning and monitoring large scale facility projects so as to assure compliance with applicable objectives, standard, and requirements; providing consulting on architectural issues and problems; and conducting feasibility studies for design of new facilities or maintenance, repair, and modernization of existing facilities.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of a broad range of architectural concepts, principles, practices, techniques, and methods in building design and
construction process, and an extensive familiarity with engineering disciplines; knowledge of aesthetic and functional design techniques; preparation of preliminary drawings, sketches, and construction drawings; and a broad range of architectural and construction standards, methods, practices, techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
2. Knowledge of drafting techniques and skills sufficient to convey design concepts and ideas and formulate working drawings.
3. Knowledge of standard contracting regulations, practices, and procedures; health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlined in applicable safety standards, regulations, and/or technical orders; program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and management; environmental principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and current legislative issues; and work classifications and regulatory and statutory restriction on the expenditures of appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
4. Knowledge of automated systems and programs such as Computer-Aided Design and Drafting, information management, project tracking, and other software programs.
5. Ability to plan, conduct, and re cord site/facilities surveys and inspections.
6. Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations; recommend timely and economical solutions; plan and organize work; coordinate the work of other architects and engineering disciplines; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and maintain a good working relationship.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Back to top
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military and commercial aircraft.
2. The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license is required for the position.
Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain an SECRET level security clearance as a condition of employment.
Work is principally sedentary, although there may be some walking or bending involved in activities such as inspections of installed equipment or construction-stage visits.
Work is usually performed in an office setting, although there may be occasional exposure to conditions in buildings under construction or contractors' plants.
you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance via TDD/TTY, please contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility, qualifications, and/or rating.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
*Online Application (Questionnaire)
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following Vacancy ID:
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to
. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you
that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications within 2 business days. A list of required documents for each eligibility may be located
Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Eligibility for appointment under this authority consists of two parts. Click
for more information
Any questions concerning this announcement may be addressed to Jordan Peart (801)777-5934JORDAN.PEART@HILL.AF.MILThe subject line of your email must indicate the announcement number only (i.e., 8L-Hill-864043-831036-JRP). Email inquiries are to address specific questions concerning this announcement.
General inquiries unrelated to a specific announcement will not receive a response
. Responses to inquiries will generally be returned within 2 business days.
· Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Individuals with Disabilities
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT, Friday, March 29, 2013.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Hill Air Force Base
WILL NOT ACCEPT MAILED APPLICATIONS
PLEASE FAX TO 478-757-3144
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...