Ganflec Architects & Engineers, Inc. a subsidiary of Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a full-service architectural firm that is owned and managed by highly skilled and talented professionals who combine many years of individual experience and have been practicing since the 1970s. With our technically competent and proficient staff, we provide complete in-house quality architectural, engineering planning, design, and construction phase services.
Our South Plainfield, NJ Office is currently seeking an Architect with 5-8 years experience to join the Architectural Practice. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a licensed architect or a professional that is preparing to be licensed. The architect will provide services to a wide variety of public and private sector projects, including but not limited to corporate, pharmaceutical labs, corporate interiors, institutional, and public works.
Performs detailed phases of architectural design work for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., a single-structure facility requiring occasional interface and collaboration with various engineering disciplines).
The architect must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of architectural design and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard architectural design techniques, procedures, and criteria. Working knowledge and experience of LEED design principals.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizes AutoCAD and Revit to prepare architectural working drawings and related project documents
- Ability to prepare schematic designs, design development, and construction documents
- Ability to develop design and construction details/documents; write specifications; perform code reviews; and process and review construction submittals.
- Conducts site and construction inspections for information gathering purposes, preparing interpretive reports for management disposition.
- Compiles information for proposal preparation.
- May assist in planning, scheduling, coordinating, and overseeing the work of lower-level architects who assist with particular projects.
- Utilize Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project/Primavera schedule software
- Communicate effectively with team, consultants, vendors, and clients
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree is required
- Candidate must be licensed or on the path to being licensed
- LEED AP/GA is preferred
- Understanding of time requirements for project tasks
- Experience in a broad range of project types
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketch-up including modeling and documentation
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with clients
- Efficient, thorough, detail oriented, and dedicated to quality work
- Willing to work on multiple fast paced projects
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming - 18 months ago
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a...