Want to work for a company with entrepreneurial spirit that has been the market leader for 40 years? A place where your contributions and achievements count and are visible across the company? A place where every engineer has the opportunity to make a direct impact on the business? Then you want to be a part of IPC Systems.
IPC is a market leader in developing high performance communication trading systems for the world’s largest financial institutions. You’ll be a part of large scale software development projects using many exciting and state of the art technologies including: VoIP, SIP, JEE, MySQL, FLEX, WPS, Web Services, Linux, Windows, IOS, .NET and Real-time Embedded C++.
Be a part of an innovative and team oriented development environment that values individual career development.
Growth opportunities abound in many fields including:
At IPC, career development is not just a buzzword. We work to foster technical and managerial growth opportunities and have leadership programs in place to make it happen. Our work environment builds teamwork and collaboration with great people to work with and learn from. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be an integral part of our product development experience that brings great products to market and will give you a solid career future.
- Database design, replication and management
- Call processing
- Management systems – Deployment, configuration, alarming and monitoring, software security, logging, reporting
- Real time embedded systems
- OS environments - Window and Linux platforms
The Architect will be a member of IPC's Architecture Group within R&D and will report to the Vice President of Systems, Architecture and Applications. This is a key position within IPC with high visibility, influence and responsibility. We are looking for a highly energetic individual with a passion for building state of the art software systems. The position is for someone highly technical who has past experience as a Senior Software Engineer/Designer, Software Architect, in addition to System Engineering experience. The architecture team influences the system architecture and design of the products. The team is expected to have a deep hands-on understanding of IPC's products and services as well as the needs of IPC’s customers. The team interacts with IPC's customers for understanding industry trends as well as advancing IPC's products in the market place. This position can work from either the Murrray Hill, NJ or Fairfield, CT R&D facility and will be required to travel (25%) between locations.
- Contribute to product ideation and roadmap development
- Collaborate and advise product management and R&D organization on technology choices and partnerships
- Investigate potential technologies and create architectural Proof-Of-Concepts (POC)
- Providing industry trend and technology relevance expertise
- Collaborate with systems engineering to refine high-level requirements into medium-level product requirements (PR) - as needed.
- Collaborate with development teams in creating architecture strategies, executing technical feasibilities and troubleshooting complex problems
- Educate customers on current product architecture
- Develop expertise in technical environment, real-world product use and product requirements
- Provide updates to management and peers keeping them informed about activities and progress of projects and assignments.
- Contribute to building IPC's intellectual property and patent portfolio.
- Advance IPC's position in the market place by participating in standards bodies and authoring specs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are critical to this position.
- Ability to interact with others at varying levels (executive to technical) both internally and externally with customers.
- Excellent presentation skills for presenting to executives, peer managers, customers, and developers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software architecture, design and hardware systems.
- 7+ years experience as a software architect
- 15+ years experience as a software egineer
- Experienced building highly redundant, fault tolerant, scalable systems or solutions.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC - waterfall and agile).
- Good understanding of database design.
- Good understanding of networking and the Internet Protocol.
- Experience in development of communications systems.
- Experience in VoIP and video systems including the SIP protocol.
- Experience with SOA based implementations
- Experience working with JEE application servers
- Programming Languages: Java
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Masters degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
IPC Systems, Inc. - 8 months ago
John M Reimnitz Architect
- 3 days ago
James Wagman Architect
New York, NY
- 3 days ago
THE MUSIAL GROUP, pa - architecture
- 3 days ago
For nearly four decades, IPC Systems, Inc. has delivered innovation and mission-critical trading technology and connectivity...